Saturday, July 25, 2009

Daniel Radcliffe slams 'stupid' homophobes

Yesterday, 01:00 pm

The 'Harry Potter' actor - who is dating actress Laura O'Toole - was raised to treat everyone equally and he thinks singling someone out because of their sexuality is wrong.

He said: "I just loathe homophobia. It's just disgusting and animal and stupid and it's just thick people who can't get their heads around it and are just scared.

"I grew up around gay people entirely. I was the only child in my class who had any experience of homosexuality or anything like that.

"I hate any type of prejudice."

The 20-year-old British star also spoke of his political beliefs and called on people to follow his decision to vote Liberal Democrat in the next election.

He added to Britain's Attitude magazine: "At the next election I will almost certainly vote Liberal Democrat.

"I don't like the New Labour thing. I never experienced the optimism of New Labour, I was too young but I hear everyone was up and it was fantastic. I've only seen the bad years of it.

"I think the reason why people don't vote is because the politicians are all so central now, it doesn't seem to matter who you vote for."

It was recently revealed Daniel has befriended a drag queen and was seen enjoying several dinners with Our Lady J, a transvestite Dolly Parton impersonator he met in New York last year.

A close friend of Our Lady J said: "Daniel is fascinated by the drag culture and is always asking questions. He went to a few shows and was made to feel very welcome.

"He's a lovely guy and he and Our Lady J got on like a house on fire. They have eaten out together and been to parties. They have become quite close."

The pair met when Daniel was performing in a production of 'Equus' last February in New York's Broadway theatre district.

~article credited to bangshowbiz.com~

* Errr, Harry Potter, are you sure what's you're heading to is right....*


No comments: